This started off as a Meme on FriendFeed. For a while I was hesitant sharing 25 facts about myself in that medium; in fact, I have trouble doing this in real life with people who know me well. I have always considered myself a very loving and friendly person; but kept my very personal life heavily guarded for reasons I am still trying to understand. Since I am going through a sort of second adolescence – a rapid growth spurt – challenges in my own personal development, I felt this MeMe was a good way to share some things I may still be insecure about. And to challenge myself to look at them as parts of me I should be proud of:
1. This is the first time in my adult life that I truly love the family I have outside of the one I was born into.
2. I skipped middle school. I jumped from the 6th grade to 9th grade in 1992. I was 12.
3. My first major in college was Biology – I was pre-med. My folks wanted me to become a doctor.
4. I am collecting my own comic books for the first time in my life. I am 28. (almost 29)
5. I still hold insecurities about the social display of my religious faith. And still harbor a slight embarrassment for being Catholic despite strength in my beliefs and culture.
6. I am the only girl in my family. I have 3 brothers.
7. I can speak and understand Tagalog fluently.
8. I am a math geek. Truly. I love numbers more than words.
9. I hate doing laundry. hate it. And I don’t really hate anything.
10. I studied ballet from the age of 7-11, and was good enough to be considered a pupil at the Central School of Ballet in London when I was 10. I was the only one denied admission among a select group of 5 young girls after I sabotaged my own routine.
11. I was once engaged at the age of 19.
12. I want to get a pilot’s license; following in the footsteps of my dad.
13. I love driving.
14. I desire a life wherein I can live part-time in different places. For instance, east coast during the fall,west coast during the winer, pacific northwest or the Hawaiian islands during the summer.
15. I have been to the Faroe Islands.
16. I have been thinking of a move to New York or somewhere in Europe for at least 2 years.
17. I once owned a business with a friend and we were booking djs, promoting new releases and writing press reports for underground music for at least a year.
18. The main reason I got into photography is my earliest memories of my dad. I remember his fondness of this hobby - he loved taking shots of us whilst traveling to different countries and going on roadtrips. Happy memories of my father are triggered whenever I pick up my camera.
19. I lived in Seattle for two years.
20. I am looking forward to becoming a mom. I love children.
21. I take pride in keeping a balance between being graceful and having an incredibly dirty mind.
22. I have been cheated on twice; and still pass judgment on those who do. (I need to work on this)
23. I have a tiny workspace/closet dedicated to storing and making gifts for loved ones.
24. I was highly competitive with test scores during grade school and was never beaten.
25. I am currently taking classes to help improve my life.